dltv 215 episode
Run time 25:33Producer pcmagAudio/Visual sound, colorLanguage English
A Look Back at CES 2008, Products from MacWorld and More.
What's new in Episode 215
• Garnett Lee, Managing Editor for 1UP.com, joins Robert on the set.
• Robert and Garnett talk a bunch about what impressed them at CES 2008.
• Scott went over to the Moscone Center to check out some of the products on the show floor of this years MacWorld. First, is the Axiotron Modbook. Next is the Lo/Jack for Laptops. And last, is the Zapacopter from ZAP. For info on the Keynote Speech from MacWorld and the MacBook Air go to PCMag.com
• We have a Vista tip for you today. Jason Cross of ExtremeTech.com shows you have to find the elusive Cookies Folder.
• Brian from Yakima, WA asks: I have the original Xbox 360. When they first came out, I know the best at the time was Component Video. I would like to use HDMI with it. Are there any cables or converters for Xbox 360 so I can use HDMI?
• Garnett mentioned that the original Xbox 360 had analog output only, and it appears that the MadCatz HDMI conversion kit converts a VGA signal to HDMI (analog to digital conversion). Considering that an HDTV's component video input performs a similar task (analog video input that's converted to digital prior to display), chances are that you would see no improvement in video quality. For home theater devices that offer HDMI output, we do suggest using that port when possible (with a TV that offers HDMI input) as it will provide the best image quality. Otherwise, don't waste your cash on (usually) expensive analog-to-digital video converter products - component video (and VGA) remains the best analog video connection.
• And a final note, We will be moving to a 15 minute or so show. But we want you to be sure that we will continue to bring you the best information on the latest technologies, and the best how-to's and best reviews from our analysts in NYC and here in SF. We will also, as always, answer your questions. Know that DL.TV is alive and well and we hope you will continue to watch.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at email@example.com